Whether you are in retail, hospitality, healthcare or an industry, generating a weekly or bi-schedule with Excel spreadsheets, it can be time consuming. This becomes even more difficult when it comes to tracking employee hours, including overtime. And, while Excel spreadsheets can be useful in some areas of business, using it for the purpose of scheduling employees especially in companies with complex and rotation shifts can be headache for supervisors.
One of the better investments an organization can make is to deploy an ATS Workforce Scheduling Solution that will help with better workforce planning, and improve overall employee productivity, and satisfaction.
ATS Workforce Scheduling Solution is purpose-built for the managers and supervisors alike, and utilizes employee working patterns and shift preferences —as a best fit, with statutory holidays and absences automatically applied. The manager is immediately notified through an alert, of schedule gaps caused by absences, holidays or workload demand, so that the appropriate action can be taken.
ATS Workforce Scheduling Solution benefits include:
- Minimize compliance risk with consistent rules and policies
- Accurately anticipate demand to help reduce under-staffing
- Employees are allocated to a shift based on preference and seniority
- Statutory holidays and absences are automatically applied
- Actual vs. budget schedule report can be generated thus, reducing the possibility of over-staffing
- Minimize compliance risks, while adhering to local, regional and cross continental rules and policies
- Accurately anticipate demand based on forecast, to help reduce under-staffing
Now, can your Excel spreadsheet do all that? Trying to guess the right number of employees you need to cover a shift or the best worker to fill an open one, commonly causes errors and complications. With Workforce Scheduling the guesswork and manual scheduling is taken out of the equation.